Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Khan Academy's JavaScript Coding

So in Ms. Rios' class we are starting a new project in which we sign onto Khan Academy and learn how to do coding/programming. When Ms. Rios first introduced it to us, I immediately took it for granted. I imagined it being very boring and complicated. However, when i began watching the videos and started learning the basics i began to enjoy myself way more than expected.

So far I have learned how to create circles, rectangles, squares, and lines. I've also had the chance to get a bit creative by adding coloring to the images I create. Yesterday, I was challenged to make a dinner plate using coding. It was pretty difficult because I had to include three shapes onto my image. All in all, the challenge was very hands-on and interactive, which was particularly entertaining for me.

Programming lesson on making a dinner plate. 




Throughout the whole programming process, I've realized that math is a huge element involved with programming. Many people take math for granted and always say, "when will I need to know this in real life". Well truth is, we use math in our everyday lives one way or another. Learning how to program and code has given me more of an appreciation for mathematics and has shown me one of its many purposes. 

1 comment:

  1. I am kind of jealous! It seems like a worthwhile skill to have, but I've always found it daunting.

    ReplyDelete