Thursday, February 5, 2015

My Christmas Break






After much convincing, I began to watch the TV show called Breaking Bad on Netflix. I never would give it a chance when people would encourage me to watch it. However, once I watched the first episode, I was immediately hooked. I could not believe how addicting a TV show could be. I fell in love with the story line and the way the director revealed each character and how most episodes began with a scene that foreshadowed a future conflict or plot. Every single episode kept me on my toes with brand-new drama and strife. This is how I spent my entire Christmas Break.


My Christmas break was pretty boring. I didn't get out of my house much for many reasons, two of which: 1. I have no friends and 2. "I'm the laziest girl on earth" as my mother would say. My Christmas break gained much excitement when I finally decided to start the Breaking Bad series. Just for the record this TV show has already ended on live TV and it is 5 seasons long; 12-15 episodes each: 45-50 minutes for each episode. So if you do the math, you could only imagine how much time I had dedicated to this show. I definitely do not want to spoil it for anyone, so I deciding not to give a summary, however, I will give a small description of what I loved most.
All throughout the show, the director focused on the main characters physical and mental transformation. This technique aroused both a very sympathetic reaction and a ashamed reaction to this newly transformed main character who is a completely different person. Even though, the show ended in a more positive light in which I could once again understand and feel sympathetic towards the decisions of the main character.

Enough with my constant bragging about this award winning show, go try it out for yourself !

2 comments:

  1. Did you find him sympathetic in the end? I thought he was ruthless the whole way through.

    ReplyDelete