Sunday, June 7, 2015

I Love Math! (Passion Blog)

Over the past few months, I've managed to learn something new about myself. I love math. When I began to get really high grades in math effortlessly, I realized how talented I was in math. The way math stimulates my brain and makes me think of many possibilities is extremely fun to me. I love being faced with a challenge and having the “aha” moment when you finally find the answer. This same skill I use in math has taken me so far in my own social life and that is why I think I love math now.

However, Math for me is like a roller coaster. There are some moments when I feel completely confident about it and then other times I feel extremely discouraged. So I hope that I don't have to take back what I said earlier.

Apart from being a subject I enjoy, It has taught me many things that I don't only use in math class, but also on a daily basis. Like calculating the Sine of a basketball or solving the function for x as h approaches 0. All essential life skills needed for my survival. (Just Kidding), but on a serious note math has extremely improved my critical thinking skills. It has helped me think harder when faced with any challenge and it has given me the strength to not give up so easily.

Many people take advantage of math and complain about how we learn to solve math problems we won’t ever see again after we graduate, but I beg to differ. Math is everywhere, you just have to look closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment